• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  Summer school 2019 - geography and music
    <b>Geography&music</b><br><br>
    Welcome, class of 2019! I see I’ve gained a little fame last year as a teacher, with a full class this time. Hopefully, you’ll all be able to put your intellect and creativity to good use this summer, and shine – like most of last year’s students.

Please note that this year’s classes will last five days instead of the previous seven. That means that next week our class will be held on Wednesday, and the week after, on Monday. I’m sure you’ll all be able to organise this and will have no trouble preparing your assignments, so long as you start on time.

This assignment covers the subjects geography and music (the best of arts). I know what you’re thinking, what on earth is this teacher doing with my subjects, scrambling them all? But have no fear, I’ll explain it to you shortly.

Each of you will be asked to pick a Beqanna land and describe it without naming it. But simply describing it’s layout, inhabitants, or climate, is too easy and honestly a bit boring. I want a unique song (poem) from each of you: two couplets and a refrain should do it.

I have divided all of you in four groups, so that your pool of lands to pick from will be smaller. Please make sure that no land is sung about twice – we wouldn’t want them to let the fame rise to their heads. You can discuss amongst yourselves who sings about what, or make all three songs together and publish one each. As long as each of you ends up performing one song by next week, I don’t mind either way.

North (Nerine and territories): Cyprin, Nolin, Ruinam
    East (Pangea and territories): Lepis, Bethlehem, Aeolus
    South (Loess, territory/herd): Sevda, Peregrine Jude, Elaina
    West (Tephra and territories): Olver, Lilliana, Cassian

*Assignment due Wednesday, August 14th, 1PM CST (13:00)
    *Pick a land from within your group (one post per horse)
    *Write at least 12 lines of a poem (‘song’ of two couplets and one refrain) about it, without using the land’s name or part of the name/direct translation. Songs may be longer, but keep it at a reasonable length. Your character shall perform this song in front of class, and being out of breath ruins the performance.
    *It should be clear from the poem which land you are describing
    *Be aware of the cadence of your song; it should be sing-able
    *Tir may not have said it, but as any good teacher, he frowns upon any forms of shaming, bullying, et cetera. If he becomes aware of any references meant to be as a personal shot, your grade will be affected accordingly.
    *Geography is a subject that can be population-based and/or land-based (physical geography).

Good luck!

Messages In This Thread
    Summer school 2019 - geography and music - by Tir - the teacher - 08-09-2019, 01:31 PM