• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The things we leave behind ((Aquaria))
    It had been a surprise to run into her elder sister, here of all places. They had not been especially close as children, still, Aquaria had always looked up to the elegant sea mare. Adria had always been gifted with subtle dignity, something the more exuberant sister had often struggled with. The painted mare was right, she did sound like their mother, more interested in speaking her mind than on being tactful. Even in their flowing mother tongue, her words could still sound sardonic when the mood took her.

Her bouyant smile flashed into a huff of exasperation at her sister's teasing. The glittering skin of her nose wrinkled at the old nickname, while she shifted her weight to compensate for the rolling water. "Does Sande know her mother is such a sea urchin?" She asked without bite, sending back her own playful wave of brine. 

As the conversation shifted to their family, Aquaria nodded lightly, scuffing the sand with one hoof. "Mhmm. I visit from time to time. They miss you, and Tyr. But you know them. They get so wrapped up in each other, they forget the rest of the world exists. It's a little miracle we haven't any new siblings." Her eyes rolled at this. "Dad has no interest in the politics of the world, he feels safer in their home waters." She added, remembering the last conversation she'd had with the gruff stallion. Age had made him reclusive, possibly a side effect of his lacking sight as much as his world view. Either way, he was reluctant to visit any populated land. 

Her face reflected sympathy for her sister as she realized just how much they'd all missed in each other's lives. "You should come visit with me sometime. Bring your little ones, I'm sure Mom and Dad would love to spoil them rotten." She assured, watching as her sister swept the little golden child down from the surface. She was a pretty cute little thing, all fluff and vibrant life. 

The finned mare let herself drift closer, grinning at the bubble encased foal. "Hello Sande. I'm your aunt Aquaria! It's very nice to meet you." She focused on the little fish circling the bubble, before sending them shooting through Sande's air pocket in their own shivering bubbles. The confused fish cruised through the air, only to spin back out into open water when they reached the other side. 

But at her sister's next comment, her lighthearted expression fell away. "Oh 'Ria..." She sighed on a froth of air, swimming back to the red and golden woman's side. She nuzzled against her sister's shoulder like she had as a baby. "I'm sorry I haven't visited more. I will be here whenever you need me from now on." She promised, kissing Adria's cheek. "I haven't been a terribly good sister, but I'd like to fix that." She regretted it, but hoped they'd have a chance to fortify their relationship now that they'd found each other again.  

@[Adria]

Messages In This Thread
    The things we leave behind ((Aquaria)) - by Adria - 08-12-2019, 06:20 PM
    RE: The things we leave behind ((Aquaria)) - by Aquaria - 09-03-2019, 11:07 AM