• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any
    Between the noble Aten and the kind Lethy, Lilli can’t help but feel they are another gift sent her direction by the morning breeze. As far as first encounters and introductions go, they have been nothing but compassionate and considerate to her. It has made some of her first memories and impressions of Taiga’s inhabitants pleasant.

Owin’s laughter rings in the backdrop of the air around them as he continues to play with Aten’s winged companion. The earlier shock is replaced with amusement when Lilli manages to sneak a few glances in their direction. But the mention of Kensa demands Lilli’s attention and the young mare brightens, excited to make a connection between herself and Lethy. ”My cousin, Elaina, she speaks glowingly of Kensa,”comes her eager reply. There are other questions that Lilli wants to know but a glance to Aten makes her decide that they would best be asked in the company of the other mare. (Part of her is longing to know if the Primarch is really as beautiful as her cousin has said.)

Her ears come forward at Lethy’s suggest and her smile emerges again as Lilli nods her agreement. ”Please,” she murmurs. ”I would appreciate the company.” And the chestnut mare couldn’t agree more with Lethy – her agreement at that statement is written all over her face like an open book. Family was everything.

Lilli continues to listen. She learns that Lethy herself has only been in Taiga a year and that Aten was the one who had brought her here. Her heart twists at the buckskin mare saying she had nothing. Her eyes widen momentarily at the statement but another mindful glance to Aten confirms what the buckskin mare tells her. Whatever distress that Lethy was in, Aten had clearly rectified it. And the romantic that lingers with Lilli’s soul wonders if perhaps Lethy might have saved Aten in some way as well.

The conversation takes on the shape of so many that she has had before. Lilli expects more pleasantries, perhaps some small talk before they all go about their day. But Aten’s words catch her off guard and concern clouds her face then. ”Do you mean,” she starts, ”that it was razed intentionally?” The shock comes clearer as she looks around, searching for the traces of the fire that the golden stallion had mentioned. Her gaze follows his to the proof that still exists all around them.

It is another reminder of how little she knows about Beqanna, about this forest that she is intending to call home. It triggers another thought in her mind. ”Have you heard of a place called the Forbidden Dale, Aten? Do you know what happened to it?” Her head turns to his then, her blue eyes raising to meet his. Lilli doesn’t know much about Beqanna but she has some fragments of history of the Dale and she thinks that perhaps, just perhaps, she might be able to place some of the puzzle pieces together.

LILLIANA
    i left home on account of snow
    (buried all the things i know)

@[Aten] @[Izora Lethia]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any - by lilliana - 08-31-2019, 07:58 PM