• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any
    Her expression is troubled as she looks to Aten. Those blue eyes of hers darken with concern and she hopes that her question will be dismissed. She hopes that the golden stallion will tell her something else but his indignation comes out in a puff of air and Lilliana can feel her heart sink into the pit of her stomach.

How little she knows of this place. How little she understands.

”That’s horrible,” she concedes, wishing she had some other comfort to offer. Lilliana has lost a home and lived in a few others. The thought of anyone burning her beloved Murmuring Rivers, of turning the wildflowers to ash and dust to make the clear, crystalline rivers turn brown with the remnants of her home makes her stomach twist. She knows that evil exists and that it is capable of doing great harm, of wreaking havoc but it never makes it any easier to hear it.

She swallows this knowledge but it goes down hard. Ask and you shall receive.

There are so many questions she wants to ask Aten. There are so many things she wants to know about Beqanna and the Forbidden Dale. She has asked and searched but so many of her generation merely shrug their shoulders, shake their heads that ‘no, they know nothing’. When she had placed the desire at the back of her mind, the fates have delivered Aten with a wealth of knowledge that he didn’t seem to mind sharing. The path of life rarely go straight but she is glad to have had hers cross with his and Lethy’s.

Aten speaks of many things that dance in her mind: Chamber War. The Reckoning. Plague. But those thoughts fall silent when shes hear him speak of the end of the Dale. It seems such an absurd thing to mourn a place she has never known. But the Dale represented the last link between herself and her family, something to keep herself tied to them.

Now she was truly adrift.

She hadn’t expected it to hurt this way but the places where the hope had once been reveal places that are still too raw from the desolation that came before. She is not her warrior father and she is not her iron mother – Lilliana is transparent as glass. The crimson girl still manages a smile, tilts that chin up a little higher because she refuses to let herself dwell on more things she can’t change. ”Thank you Aten for sharing with me what you know,” she speaks softly, perhaps too soft. Lilliana looks away from the stallion, his words still running through her head. She has more questions, more things she wants to ask but she knows not to push herself today.

Another morning perhaps.

Tenderly, her maw reaches out to gently touch the shoulder of Lethy and Lilliana offers her friendship. ”I’ll come find you when I next travel to Hyaline,” she murmurs. ”Who knows, you might even know a short cut.” Her smile brightens for a moment as she looks to the buckskin mare, ”And tell Owin to keep practicing his mind-reading. I doubt I’ll be able to keep any thoughts to myself next time I see you both.”

LILLIANA
    i left home on account of snow
    (buried all the things i know)

@[Aten] @[Izora Lethia]
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and i heard your voice ringing in my head; any - by lilliana - 09-11-2019, 09:25 PM