• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the blood that was spilled protects me
    litotes

There is hardly exhaustion in those legs that are so faithful and true. Litotes pushes through the way that they might ache if his brain functioned properly; instead, he opts to tear through the dirt and grass of Nerine in the hopes that no one will catch him in this dash.

The idea is to run until he no longer can, not until his legs give out but until the earth beneath his feet turns into air and he is tumbling endlessly into the ocean. An image of his shining cremello body falling like a burning a star clenches his chest but offers the tiniest sense of peace. He can see the faded, twirling galaxy on his hindquarters slipping from his skin and settling back into the sky, a quiet reminder of a life snuffed out too quickly. He thinks there may be those that mourn, that see that little piece of him left and shed a tear, but even their suffering is not enough to bring him back from this ledge.

At his core, he is selfish. He always has been.

There are blackened hyenas that run beside him, yellow eyes wild and vicious as they nip at his heels. The King had never thought his magic would turn on him like this, but he does not mourn for what he once wielded so easily. Each yip of his laughing dogs only serves to send him further from reality, further from any hope he may have to keep on living. He would laugh with them, if he could. He would scream his crazed hilarity at the swirling gray of the Nerinian sky.

He would do anything, really - if he could feel at all.

Rain begins to sprinkle and the cold Autumn wind chills the cremello as he gallops. The cliffside is within eyesight, and he does not slow or hesitate in the slightest; instead, his eyes grow more distant and determined the closer his death draws.

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

lie is trying to die but probably wont. this is more for his character development but it can be a thread if anyone wants to reply Smile

Messages In This Thread
    the blood that was spilled protects me - by litotes - 08-18-2019, 04:24 PM