• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the blood that was spilled protects me

I can remember a time when I was so afraid
    when even my shadow wouldn't follow me

Her dark father had always told her that the changes that would come and go were needed for this earth, for the world, for all of the life that lived upon it to continue. That the dying of the leaves and the rain and snow of winter was necessary for this land of splendor to stay so beautiful and so healthy. That was why the snow melted and fell, the flowers bloomed and wilted, and the clouds floated breathlessly in and out. And, if there was anyone that Elaina trusted the most, it was her mother and her father. Truthfully, she had trusted everyone in Windskeep, to keep her safe, to keep her entertained, and to love her unconditionally. She knew that there was not one soul in her wonderful paradise of home that would ever dream of hurting, betraying, or lying to her. Elaina had been desperately convinced that her father was some kind of superhero and that he would always be there to protect her and to save the day. Faithfully watching over their beautiful home and his ever growing daughter. She was convinced that the shadows would never be able to reach her here, or her family. Here in this ancient world she'd only ever known and loved since the day of her birth, the light that shone from every heart within would keep out the darkness and the demons. Of course, she was still so young and naïve.

Elaina had been hardly aware the shadows that so waited for the little drop of sunshine to find her way to them.
    She too, had not been so aware of the shadows that plague so many others.

Elaina was going on a diplomatic mission to Nerine, to reaffirm their relationship with Hyaline. Elaina had other motives though, she wanted to get to know some of the neighbors, to know their faces. She needs to erase another from her mind entirely. It has been floating in and out of her head since meeting him that day in the forest. Tunnel. The name haunts her lips, she finds herself whispering it even when she does not mean to.

No.
    Stop.

Stop.

Nostrils flare as the scent of ocean waves reach her and she lets her nose suddenly lead her body and before she knows it, the terrain has turned rocky and vast. “Nerine,” she says, remembering what others have told her of the lands and their scapes. Heartfire ruled here. Elaina had not a clue as to what the mare looked like, but she figures, if she moves in towards the land a bit, perhaps she would show and announce herself.

She has little time to dwell upon what Heartfire may be like or what she would think of Elaina, as the pounding of hooves pushes against her ear drums. Elaina is an equine and as such, a prey animal, instincts tell her to run, setting her veins on fire and making her heart rate increase. But she doesn't know where they are coming from or where they are going, what if she runs right into the very danger that she ought to be running away from? It is then she seems a starry stallion racing past her with shadow creatures hot on his heels. Elaina has seen this magic before, from Liam and from Mina, their shadow demons. But why are they chasing him? Who created it?

She leaps forward, a desperate attempt to help a stranger she has never met in her entire life. Her hooves dig into the ground, pushing her off harder and harder with each stride. If she ran diagonally towards him, she would be able to catch up with him, and maybe help him rid himself of the demons that chase him. Amber eyes find his own as she races, the panic that has glazed over them, it was a blind terror that Elaina knew only too well.

It is, perhaps, this reason and this reason alone, that Elaina is thinking clearly without the feeling of fear clutching her heart, that she notices the cliffside looming in the distance. He was going to run right over it, nothing in his body said he was anything short of stopping. Legs stretch out further and she does the first thing she thinks of. Elaina has always been a girl of action, her compassion her downfall, so willing to help others she does not see her own danger. So when she leaps her golden body in front of his own, a last ditch effort to keep him from killing himself, she has forgotten to take into account how much larger and stronger he is than herself. Her eyes close as the collision ensues, praying he wouldn't go over the edge, taking Elaina with him.

elaina*
    benjamin and beylani's sunflower-girl

I am hoping this at least made some sense. Sorry, I was in a rush from excitement of threading with him!
    @[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the blood that was spilled protects me - by Elaina - 08-18-2019, 08:13 PM