• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what's past is prologue // raul & castile

The riverbanks harbor monstrosities. Within her damp curves and valleys, she shelters the ones who cleave to their anonymity, and Clegane is among their number. Few are more inconsequential than he, this fallen kingdom’s bastard - weak small and half-broken. But he knows nothing of his history. He never had the chance to be taught such things by a proud sire or superior siblings. He only knows that his grandam cares for him, and his mother is no longer alive. 

That he shouldn’t talk to strangers, and he is never to never raise his voice. 

His spectral guardian reminds him of these last few things with a kiss, and he sighs heavily as she leaves him. When she’s there he calls her Solace, but he isn’t supposed to tell anyone, and she never lingers much later than dawn.

Without complaint he watches her disappear towards the north, as she does nearly every morning, although he so wished she would stay.

But he does not follow; where she went was not safe for him. He had been told it was better for him to stay at their part of the river where no one else ever seemed to travel. So he wanders, aimless, that his whisp is gone. Yet her scent lingers on his skin - a sweetness which weakly masks the scent of his slowly healing tissue.

From the left he seems a normal boy - although a little underfed - but from the right, his face is raw and bare. In the vapors summer air, his wounds had grown wider and uglier when they should have been healing. But weeks had passed and his young body eventually began it mend the series of lacerations to the best of its ability.  His guardian didn't seem to mind it, and the only reason he had to dislike his disfiguration was the maddening itching it caused him.

He is terrible to look at, but in this world of monsters hardly unique. And until someone told him otherwise he didn't think of himself as any different from the many other children who must be out there - somewhere - though he had yet to meet any of them.

Clegane

been in the dark for weeks         and I've realized you're all I need
    and I hope that I'm not       too late, I hope I'm not too late

@[Raul] @[Castile] my first thread with him! He's about a year old, maybe a bit older

Messages In This Thread
    what's past is prologue // raul & castile - by Clegane - 08-21-2019, 12:05 PM