• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [mature]  In Hell I'll be in good company // Any
    I've struck a nerve, it seems, and she has no problem showing it. Daggered talons morph from her forelegs, and I watch with mild interest as the gouge the mossy earth beneath us. When she starts her growling tirade, I find it difficult to repress the grin tugging the corners of my mouth. Oh, this was too easy! The little firecracker was all too ready to fight, and I found myself a little fonder of her because of it. Still, I found my eyes rolling backwards at her half assed insult. Pink fish? Really? That was... a description, at best. 

"Oh please don't be boring, baby vamp. Let's get a few things straight. One: You are, in fact, shrimpy. I doubt it's permanent, so get over it. Two: "Fish" doesn't even register on my list of insults. I've been called much worse by much worse, so save your breath. Speaking of, Three: if that's all it takes to get you riled, you're not only shrimpy, you're also an idiot. I don't care if I scare you or not, picking fights with children is a waste of mine and your time. Do better, or get out of my face." 

My brows arched as I observed her for reaction. It was a longer speech than I'd meant to make, but the kid needed to hear it. She wasn't getting far in life spinning into a rage at the least provocation. It was fun to antagonize, don't get me wrong. But it seemed like the shimmery little thing could do with some refinement to her rather uncontrolled techniques. Thank the gods I'd shown up to save her from herself.  

My head tossed, making the sail of my mane snap sharply through the air. Fractured colored rippled along my scales, and the lightning that throbbed on my neck crackled quietly. Every aspect of my appearance was flamboyant and bright. I drew the eye of every creature around me just out of sheer curiosity. I liked to think of it as a warning. Like the brilliant little butterflies who flashed their Technicolor wings, I myself was poison. It just took some people longer than other to figure that out. 

@[saint]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: In Hell I'll be in good company // Any - by Rebelle - 09-03-2019, 11:35 AM