• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  let's shake this poet out of the beast

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

In this bubble, he is totally alone. Solitude has sat heavy upon his heart: most days he wanders Pangea entirely by himself - no children to tend to, no wife to visit, no secret lover to occupy his mind. Ghaul is a rowdy creature, and the only distraction the Archon has, but even he does not ease his lonesomeness.

He loves his son, of course he does. Ghaul quickly became the center of his affections, but there is a quiet emptiness Litotes carries.

He is not sure if it is his lack of love for himself or the tearing apart of his relationships.

Vulgaris approaches, as suspected. Word of kingdom leader changes travels through Beqanna quickly, and the recent rumors have the once-snake as the King of Tephra. Lie smiles at the idea: a once war-mongerer leading the land he helped destroy.

Beqanna has quite the character arcs.

“I’m afraid I’ve got too many stories I would like to share with you, Vulgaris,” is his quipped response, tail flicking as he lifts to a stand. This is the man that pushed his snowballing life down the mountain, afterall. Strangely enough, Litotes finds a kinship with the King simply because of their shared past.

“I’ll start with the unfortunate politics, though.” He sighs but a grin quickly follows, and he offers a steady gaze to the gray stallion. “I have spoken with Heartfire of Nerine, and it would appear Castile, Lepis, and Wolfbane are attempting a takeover of the North. Purely to expand Loess’ reach, I think? Though I have a feeling Castile has much less control over Lepis’ actions than he realizes.” Lie’s jaw sets when he pauses, a muscle in his cheek trembling with the force of his teeth. “Truth be told, I offered Lepis my support without the full story, but I trusted her just as I trusted Wolfbane. I cannot support violence for the sake of power, Vulgaris. I have to go back on my word and protect Nerine. Because I am tired, but mostly because I have demons to destroy, and this is not right.”

He sighs. There is too much, sometimes. Just too much. The world can be so loud.

“I need to know where you stand. I plan to visit Loess and make it clear the East will not destroy another kingdom for no reason.”

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[vulgaris]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let's shake this poet out of the beast - by litotes - 09-19-2019, 09:37 PM