• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  on the right side of rock bottom, Ophanim
    OPHANIM
    Loving her has always come so easy to him, like drifting in a river on the hottest day of the summer without a care in the world. Even when she fought him and tried to erect walls around her heart. Even when he betrayed her and she wanted to tear him apart. Even when she broke him and left him bleeding out on the floor. He could find a way to love her as easily as the moth finds the flame, fell for her like wings catching on fire. Such a pleasure to burn. When she sighs against his skin, he imagines this must be what angels in their heaven feel like each day. With her curled under his wing, he doesn’t envy them at all.

He smiles when she speaks and maybe she can feel the change in his expression on the soft skin of her cheek. Ophanim can’t bare to have his lips anywhere but there. She doesn’t have to promise him anything at all to keep him feeding from her palm like the most well trained dog. Moments like this have always been enough for him to come circling back and tethering himself to her again and again.

His heart quivers at the sound of her words when she swears he is irreplaceable and he feels the way hers quakes with remorse. But more importantly, he can feel that it’s the truth, and it sets his heart thumping wildly against her ribs. It’s enough to make the angel boy almost cry, but he manages to keep his composure. “I wonder what I did to meet my soulmate so early in life,” he mumbles against the curve of her jaw, recalling the way she casually sidestepped his question when he first asked her to be his. Even back then, he knew she was forever. She was worth everything and so much more.

I’m yours, until all the stars die and the last light goes out,” he promises, lipping at her neck and drowning in the warmth of her skin. He could get lost in her touch for the rest of his life if she would only let him. Ophanim closes his eyes and mouths endless vows against the heat of her skin. His heart could burst with the weight of his want for her, he thinks, but he resists for a while longer. At least until he’s saturated with this moment.
    you could drown in those eyes, i said.
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: on the right side of rock bottom, Ophanim - by Ophanim - 10-02-2019, 09:34 PM