• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  when the truth hunts you down; Aten
    There was a tense silence to the air as Aten and Heartfire walked side by side for a few dozen strides, the stallion watching the mare with piqued interest to see how her stature would change. She finally decided to talk to him, taking a few breaths first.

Aten did understand her answer, in a sense. He suspected that Nerine wasn't facing any crisis right now, but that the kingdom was merely a reflect of it's Queen. He'd never known Heartfire to rest; she was always on the move, always interested, looking into signs of trouble to make sure her kingdom was safe.

And then she confirmed Aten's suspicions, so the golden stallion waited for the inevitable question. When Heartfire asked, Aten sighed.

"Unfortunately, not as much as I would have liked. Wolfbane did not tell me much; I got the bulk of my knowledge from Lepis. She has said that she has plans to move to other kingdoms in search of alliances, in search of a 'greater goal' that has to do with Gale's death during the war with Tephra. I suspect she has an agenda to make a move on Tephra once she has enough of a force behind her.

"She also has plans regarding Nerine, if she didn't give you all the details. She wishes to either move the seat of power from Nerine to Taiga, or to give our territory over to Castile and Loess if you don't hand it over yourself. In my opinion, neither of those is a good option, looking into the possible long run."

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Aten - by Aten - 08-29-2019, 11:13 PM
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Aten - by Aten - 09-05-2019, 09:16 PM
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Aten - by Aten - 09-17-2019, 03:19 PM
    RE: when the truth hunts you down; Aten - by Aten - 09-23-2019, 08:06 PM