• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

so reckless you might start feeling; beth
    one touch will make you so nervous you might stop breathing
    one touch will make you so reckless you might start feeling
    one touch will finally show to me what you can't hide

Adna does not consider Rupture and Bela anything to be jealous of. They are her children and she adores them as much as she adores Gospel, although they could be not be further from her. Except they could not be rooted in anything more different. Because as much as she loves them, she cannot help but remember the way that she had cried into their necks when they had been born. She cannot help but remember how lost and alone she had been when she realized that they were born of something that could never be love.

Something that never had roots in her the way that Beth did.

So she doesn’t consider that he could feel jealous—that he was even capable of it. All she knows is that he is quiet after she speaks and she considers that perhaps she really was dumb. That he was doing her a small mercy by not acknowledging the question that she had presented; he was simply brushing it off.

When he does reply with the fog curling through the trees and slowly approaching, she nearly startles and then inhales sharply. She feels the press of her fangs to her lips and the sharpness is a reminder that she doesn’t have the benefit of giving into the riptide of her emotions. She needs to be in control.

“Maybe I’m the ghost,” she muses, tipping her head back to look at the dusk that settles so much sooner than she would have imagined. The nearly faint quality of the skyline. “Or maybe I’m so haunted that I just don’t know the difference anymore.” She laughs, but it is a hollow sound on her tongue.

ADNA

Messages In This Thread
    RE: so reckless you might start feeling; beth - by adna - 09-07-2019, 10:50 PM