• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Starsin;

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She was not a girl where loyalty came naturally to her. She was so accustomed to pretending to be someone else — anyone, really, anyone besides herself — that it was hard for her to recognize when she cared about something. It was not until just before the Tephra-Loess war that she realized she truly felt a connection to Loess and that she was no longer having to fake it. It was how most of her emotions were discovered; they were nearly non-existent until they were suddenly crashing over top of her. It made staying in Sylva difficult, but she was not one to leave a job half-done, and so she would stay until there was someone trustworthy enough to pass it over to.

“There’s no one else I trust, honestly. Besides Brigade, but, I don’t think he’s interested.” There is a brief, nearly invisible flicker of concern in her dark blue eyes when she realizes she hasn’t actually seen Brigade recently. Not that she had looked for him, but still. “I’m okay here, for now. I have Ophie with me and that matters the most.” As much as she loved the kingdom of Loess she would always love him and their family more. She could tolerate Sylva for a little while longer if need be.

The topic turns back to Nerine and Taiga, and for a moment her face is marred by a frown. “I think it’s good for us to be prepared, but, this also feels like Nerine and Taiga’s fight. Unless one of them specifically asks for Loess to get involved I think staying in the background is wise.” She does not reveal the personal issues that she knows have transpired between Wolfbane and Lepis. Even if she does not feel especially close to a Lepis she still liked her enough to not drag her through anymore unnecessary pain by treating her relationship like just another political puzzle piece. And, she suspects that if things further fell apart she might come back to Loess and if she wanted to tell Castile all the reasons why, then that would be her choice.

“How is your family, Castile?” She asks lightly as a shift in conversation. “Reia was here not long ago, but other than that, I haven’t seen anyone since coming here.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    Starsin; - by Castile - 09-23-2019, 01:21 PM
    RE: Starsin; - by Starsin - 10-14-2019, 12:43 AM
    RE: Starsin; - by Castile - 10-23-2019, 08:10 AM
    RE: Starsin; - by Starsin - 11-10-2019, 08:01 PM