• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any
    The little creature, so clearly aquatic and so clearly unlike Aquaria herself. And she needs only to listen to learn why. A child of Ivar, the stallion who kept mainly to himself at the northern isle of their land. The kelpie. There were others who lived with him. Mares, of varying descriptions. His own little harem. It was a place the nereid avoided on her daily swims, gave it as wide a berth as possible when she patrolled their shores. 

A kelpie. This was a kelpie, albeit a young one. But what did it matter? They were flesh eaters, as much as sharks were. It was in their nature in the same way that grazing on seaweed was to her. Predators. And she didn't trust them. Anxiety at this knowledge burned alongside the innate nature the nereid possessed. One that wouldn't let her hurt anything that hadn't hurt her first. 

So despite her misgivings, an expression almost like a smile edged onto her lips, and she forced herself to relax the taut muscles along her spine. "Tasi. Well, I'm Aquaria and I do know what you mean. I've only been ashore about a year now, since being born here." It was a common ground between them. Asked another came to mind. 

"I think I've met a sibling of yours. I think so, anyway. He was sort of an odd boy named Terin." She shook her head, smiling more honestly now. That memory was a strange one, but she'd enjoyed talking to the dragon. Maybe his sister wouldn't be so bad either. 

@[Tasi]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: She sells seashells by the sea shore // Any - by Aquaria - 11-04-2019, 06:37 PM