• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  to the lonely sea and sky
    The friendly white stallion is from Island Resort, Blue learns. There are many places he can go, Ruinam continues, many things he can do. Well, he supposes, that does sound good. The trouble is: Blue doesn’t know what he is looking for. The mention of burning stills him, and he glances at the piebald stallion who Ruinam seems to think is prone to burning things. Blue does not like fire.

He really does not like fire.

The memory comes unbidden, the sizzle of flesh and feather and a heat so intense he lost himself. His first memory, though he cannot say when it is from, and not a pleasant one.

Around him, his companions continue to speak, words that sound like nothing more than a dull buzz. It is not until the winged stallion rumbles something about peace and quiet that Blue returns to himself, and he finds himself nodding. Yes, he would like peace and quiet, and the absence of memories about fire. There’s an apology for him in Oceane’s eye just before she speaks to Castile; something he has missed, he thinks, and is unoffended. She seems to want to go with the burning stallion, Blue realizes, while he thinks that he would like to be as far away as possible from wherever this Loess place is.

“I would like to see your island,” He tells Ruinam. “I think I would like peace and quiet. Would you show it to me?”

@[Ruinam]
    @[Castile]
    @[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    to the lonely sea and sky - by Oceane - 10-14-2019, 04:13 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky - by Gale - 10-14-2019, 05:21 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky - by Ruinam - 10-15-2019, 09:24 AM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky - by Castile - 10-15-2019, 02:30 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky - by Oceane - 10-15-2019, 03:02 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky - by Gale - 10-15-2019, 08:14 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky - by Ruinam - 10-17-2019, 12:38 PM
    RE: to the lonely sea and sky - by Castile - 10-18-2019, 08:15 AM