• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lost in the deep end // star pony
    Antares was as cryptic as ever, and Tyr knew it would. be pointless to attempt drawing more from the star. His celestial friend was not vague intentionally. Rather, it was only that he saw things from a great distance. 

The causes and effects that had such huge impacts on the horses here below meant little to the light. The only times he revealed his knowledge was to keep Tyr safe; whether that meant directing him through a thicket of trees, or indicating that he would be safer someplace else, he would interfere only as much as needed to aid his earthbound friend. That Lilliana happened to be there to hear it was coincidental. 

Which is why Tyr seemed unbothered by the news. This was their way, to skirt the edges of things. What was out there didn't matter as long as he didn't run across it. Too much curiosity about such things could get him killed. So his mind dis not dwell on the warning any longer than it toom to absorb it. He won't be going East, then, Antares would see to that. Where else they would travel remained to be seen. 

Lilliana took over her introduction, as genteel a lady as he had ever met. "Lilli... Like the flower?" He asked, an appreciative smile lifting his ink dark lips. He loved lilies when he ran across them at the edges of rivers, in the brush of meadows. They had such a lovely scent to them. It was a clear indicator that spring had arrived, one he looked forward to every year. That this girl bore their name seemed a good omen. 

Her further exposition made him smile wider. Taiga was known to him, if only from the edges. Tree roots seemed plentiful there, and he had to walk with more caution than usual to avoid flattening his nose on the seemingly endless trunks. 

But what made him laugh was the mention of his sister, apparently off doing diplomatic things for the island they'd been born on. "Ahh, so you've meet one of them then. How is Aquaria? The little minnow was a baby when I was last with them, couldn't hold still to save her life." He hoped for Ischia's sake that his younger sister had found a dose of moderation with the years that had passed. 

Her offer was an interesting one, and he tilted his head as he considered it. He wasn't particularly looking for a home. But the tides of the world were constantly shifting, and a regular place to bed down wouldn't be the worst thing for a while. "The sky isn't falling yet, I don't think. If it comes to that, I'll need to be with my family. They'll worry too much otherwise. But..." It sounded like an adventure, didn't it? He stepped forward a pace, close enough to catch the sent of the woman in the dark. "I wouldn't mind visiting Taiga. As long as the trees mind their manners. Shall we go?" His easy smile was illuminated by Antares' light, an expression of bright innocence clear to be seen. No point in wasting the night, was there?

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    Lost in the deep end // star pony - by Tyr - 10-14-2019, 04:24 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // star pony - by Tyr - 10-17-2019, 03:33 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // star pony - by Tyr - 10-22-2019, 09:14 AM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // star pony - by Tyr - 11-02-2019, 09:59 AM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // star pony - by Tyr - 11-04-2019, 03:19 PM