• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

our hearts know deeper seasons than our memories; ALL
    This was it, the moment they'd known was coming. At the center of their conflict stood two mares, Eva and the unknown Larke. The pale sea mare considers the girl, because girl she didn't seem any older than a girl, and listened to her own version of the events that lead them all here. 

So she was a princess, born of the Vulgaris and placed here at his will. The scale-and-fin woman listened and disliked what she heard. Her own father have her pretty shells when he was thinking of her. Not an entire, already populated island. 

The absolute arrogance of such an action galled her, but it was not the girl standing here she blamed. Larke appeared for all the world, a sweet and dutiful child. If she was here, it did not seem to be for want of power. That was good. 

It also showed commendable self awareness when she acknowledged her own ignorance of those who lived here already. A sweet girl, a nice girl, and if the situation were different Aquaria knew she'd love to know her. Larke seemed to carry many traits apparently absent in her sire. It didn't change her mind. 

Eva looked as nervous as Larke, and with good reason. This was risking everything. They both knew it, and she had meant what she'd said before. The violet nereid would not be facing this alone. Come hell or high water (preferably the high water), Aquaria would stand by her through it all. That started here on this shore. 

Stepping forward, she lifted her fin crowned head to address both of the horses before the herd. She was afraid too. But this was not the time to show it. Instead she spoke, loud and confident enough to be heard by all. "Larke. Welcome to our island. I am Aquaria, and I stand by Eva today." She paused to smile reassuringly at the seashell adorned lady. "I welcome you because that is what Ischia stands for. I have no problem with you living here and enjoying what the islands have to offer. But I don't know you. You don't know us or the island. And your father did not ask if we wanted or needed a new leader. As he has decided my sister was due replacement and she stepped down gracefully, I nominate her adoptive daughter and my fellow Ischian, Eva, as our rightful leader." 

Her beryl-dark eyes shone in the light, stance solid but at ease. Vulgaris wanted to keep it in the family? Very well. He ought to understand her own feelings perfectly well then.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: our hearts know deeper seasons than our memories; ALL - by Aquaria - 10-20-2019, 04:28 PM