• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    She had been spending more time in the water lately, swimming further each day. Some times she visited the mainland, others she dove as deeply as she could before the weight of the water grew too heavy to bear. The dark and the silence gave her peace when the world seemed like it was going wrong. 

Today she stood on the edge of the water, contemplating another swim. She'd go north this time, find out what lay above them. Or maybe she'd simply float to the reef and lay among the corals and sponges for a while. The fishsong could make her smile despite the darkest of moods. 

The reef, she decided, and was knee deep in the water when a voice made her hesitate and look back. Unmistakable on the sand stood the vibrant Eva, as brilliantly colored as any of the parrots who shared their home. Half of a smile managed to hitch up one corner of her mouth at the other mare's greeting. 

"Hello Eva. I'm alright." She paused, looking closer at the amethyst woman's expression. A torrent of emotions worked beneath her face, and Aquaria couldn't guess at what they all meant. "Are you okay? You seem little... Nervous?" It was as close as she could get, though the word didn't seem quite right. Her own face drew down in concern. "Are the kids alright? Has something happened?" For days it had felt like they were on the cusp of some change or disaster. It hung in the air like heavy fog, and suddenly Aquaria was certain the cloud had broke. Whatever was coming was here. 

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 10-17-2019, 05:27 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Aquaria - 10-18-2019, 10:57 AM