• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    She had felt a wave of emotions since the change. Pinpointing one exactly to describe what she was thinking, and feeling was entirely overwhelming. The sea nymph had experienced a handful of emotions she never knew could exist. Let alone the ones she would ever feel in such a short amount of time.

The purple nereid is an open book to @[Aquaria] as soon as the question of how she is doing is spoken. Eva was riddled with a rush of different emotions and finally speaking to someone about the future held certainty, but she wondered just how well the plans would hold together now that she stands before Aquaria. Their small peaceful world was not the same when she had first met the finned mare for the first time. Eva is just beginning to feel and finally realize how much her life has changed.

Eva pauses for a moment as she stares at Aquaria. Her gold-orange gaze holds uncertainty for a moment, but quickly change with confidence and hope. There was nothing to be worried about, she reminds herself. She could not allow herself to tumble just now. Her friends and family needed her. Ischia needed her more than ever too.

“I am better than I have the last couple days,” she says softly as she finds her voice now. “The kids are safe, of course.” A soft smile touches her lips for a moment. Her world would entirely turn upside down if something happened to her precious little Aeolus and Loire. She is thankful they are at least still the same despite asking questions about what has happened in Ischia. Eva has only quieted them and told them to not worry.

She takes a soft inhale of the air, focusing herself back onto the news she came bearing to tell Aquaria. “I’ve met with the new appointed leader, Larke.” Her voice is more calming this time. She feels more certainty this time as she begins to unravel the news. “She is rather pleasant and seems caring from what I have gathered in our talk.” Larke had left a positive impression on Eva so far. The nereid felt without a doubt that the new leader did not want to cause harm but only help.

“Larke asked me to rule beside her.” She pauses for a moment, assessing any reactions from Aquaria for a moment. “I accepted because I know within my heart it was the right thing to do. Ischia would not be the same if we only had a foreigner leading us. Mom—Adria—built Ischia into something beautiful and I do not want to see everything she worked so hard for crumble into nothing.” Eva falls silent with her gaze remaining on Aquaria. Her ear flickers forward, waiting to see what the nereid had to say.

She had never saw herself stepping up after Adria had come to her telling her about the change of leadership. It had been heartbreaking to hear, and Eva had only ever saw herself aiding in Ischia where her adopted mother had needed her to go and do. Leading an entire territory and protecting the residents of Ischia was frightening. It was plain overwhelming too!
    Eva
    lady of ischia
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 10-17-2019, 05:27 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 10-18-2019, 02:16 PM