• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    She stood there listening, relief flowing over her to hear that Eva and her children were alright. But her emotions took a darker turn as the purple mare explained her reason for the visit. 

So this was it. This was what had been happening on the edges of their lives, only now to be revealed. Adria had left, she knew that when a search of the island revealed no sister. The gold splashed girl had assumed it meant she'd taken up her suggestion to visit their parents, and that was all. But no. She'd been deposed, replaced with someone Aquaria had never even heard of. 

A look of baffled incredulity crashed across her face, echoed in the waves that landed higher on the sand than they had been moments before. "You're kidding. You've got to be kidding. If Adria doesn't want to be the island's caregiver any longer, I can accept that. But what has anyone done that's so awful they can't trust us to sort out our own leadership?" An uncharacteristic scowl creased her brow. 

More confusing, Eva seemed unaffected, even pleased with the news. Of course, that could be to do with her sudden promotion. "Eva, this isn't right. We're not just playthings for the kingdom." She huffed, indignant over this turn of events.  "I'd rather it were just you leading us now. You're more than capable, and you know the island as well as anyone. Certainly you have more right to this than... What did you say her name is? Larke?" The sea mare shook her head dazedly. "I'm sure she's lovely but that doesn't mean she has any business managing us."

Her burst of passion was bringing rougher waves ashore, and her eyes pricked with the threat of tears. This news had upset her more than she'd realized, bringing up a fear that their home, her home, was destined to be turned into another broken piece on the kingdom's political game board. 

She looked at Eva, unsure what she was hoping to find. A spark of independence, maybe, or a hint of shared dismay over their new regime. Something other than blind faith. 

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 10-17-2019, 05:27 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Aquaria - 10-18-2019, 03:38 PM