• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    Threads of guilt cut at the sea mare's heart to see Eva's face fall at her words. Her eyes fell a moment, lips pursed to see the new conflict rising in the violet mare's expression. She hadn't meant to hurt her. Not at all, she'd only been expressing her own misgivings at the situation newly brought to light. 

More than any personal need, there was Ischia at the heart of it all. Everything the island stood for, and everything they risked. There was no easy path that she could see, only that she didn't trust Tephra to have their best interests at heart. And by placing a perfect stranger on the island's seat with no warning, Tephra was showing exactly how little they cared about or trusted the islanders. It was unacceptable, and the little nereid did not intend to let it stand. 

For a long moment, it feels as though she and her friend stood on opposite sides of a vast breach. This was a moment to choose loyalty. To the Island or the Kingdom, to the murky ideals of horses they'd never met, or to the peace they'd always cherished. For Aquaria, it was an easy choice, but she knew better than to expect the same decisiveness in others. 

She had almost given up, given in to the lonesome uncertainty on the horizon. Eva's voice broke the salt washed quiet with her own sweet tones, speaking words that Aquaria hadn't expected. She should have trusted the other mare more. "I want that too. I want our home to stay home, and I don't believe a stranger, however nice she may be, can give us that." 

She smiled gently at Eva, knowing what she asked was no little thing. "We can to this. I don't think you and I are the only ones to feel this way. Let us bring this to the attention of our friends and family, the ones this change actually matters to." She stepped through the water to place her cheek comfortingly against the vivid locks of Eva's mane. 

"You'll not be alone, through any of it. If the King is reasonable, he'll understand and let us make our own choice. And if he's not reasonable, well. He can stick a starfish in it." She laughed, pulling ropes of water to coil about their legs. They were daughters of the sea, and she felt that perhaps their ruler had forgotten exactly what that meant. Aquaria at least was beginning to realize that if you want peace, you have to fight for it sometimes. A paradox, but so was she. 

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 10-17-2019, 05:27 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Aquaria - 10-19-2019, 04:28 PM