• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i fear rivers overflowing; Starsin

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

For some it might be a burden to carry such knowledge. For some it might be too much to hear everyone’s true thoughts, to be able to pick out the truth that lay hidden in their lies. She was made for this, though. She had been born with a gift that somehow the universe knew she would put to full use. A gift that would not be left to wilt and waste inside a weaker individual; the ones that feel shame at hearing everyone’s thoughts, the ones that wish they could remain in ignorant bliss. The ones that would have just let Brigade and Litotes remain in the dark and unaware of the other, but what a waste of perfectly good firestarter that would have been.

This time, though, her intentions are not quite so sinister. She doesn’t want to watch Wolfbane and Lepis go up in flames. She doesn’t want to think that a relationship she had considered to be so solid still had the ability to crack and crumble, because she doesn’t want to think that that could ever happen to her and Ophanim.

She lets Lepis pretend to not be broken. She pretends to not notice that familiar feeling when you’re trying to keep the tears from trembling in your voice, when it takes every ounce of effort for the words to come out painless and easy. “Gone? For the night, or….?” Her voice fades and trails off with the unfinished question, and a tilt of her head makesit sound more innocent than it actually is.

Wolfbane might be gone for just the night, but, from what she had seen in the forest he was looking to make it count.

“I saw him, you know,” she begins casually, her dark blue eyes studying Lepis’ face with a false sense of caution. Like she is worried about what she is going to say next; because even though she cares and is not intentionally trying to hurt Lepis, there is still too much of her manipulative, malicious nature taking precedence over any sound thought that might tell her to find a more tactful way to deal with this. “Who is Lilli? I think that’s what he called her, anyway.” There is a cheshire cat smile threatening the edge of her lips but she bites it away, patiently waiting for the realization that she is sure will strike the other woman’s face.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    i fear rivers overflowing; Starsin - by Lepis - 10-22-2019, 03:17 PM
    RE: i fear rivers overflowing; Starsin - by Lepis - 10-23-2019, 10:47 AM
    RE: i fear rivers overflowing; Starsin - by Starsin - 10-25-2019, 01:49 PM
    RE: i fear rivers overflowing; Starsin - by Lepis - 10-25-2019, 02:38 PM
    RE: i fear rivers overflowing; Starsin - by Lepis - 10-29-2019, 04:06 PM
    RE: i fear rivers overflowing; Starsin - by Lepis - 11-06-2019, 01:01 PM