• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    The waves of the ocean gently crash against the white sand shore. Eva stands facing the open body of water, watching the world of water expand into the horizon. It was a world of oceans and seas that she once had believed was only hers. It was a childhood dream—a simple thought her imagination ran wild with.

She had been a daughter of the sea, a life of freedom that it had given her. The amethyst nereid wonders what her life would have been like if things had been different. With a soft touch, she feels the water pool around her sunken hooves into the pristine sand. It is cold against her limbs, and she glances down staring at the sand beneath her as the water is pulled back out into the ocean.

A faded memory comes to her, a time she does not dwell on rarely, when the world had been new to her. The sound of hoarse breathing, a bone-stained beach, and a roaring storm behind her. She can see it clearly now. The finer details of the memory come quickly. The outline of the winged mare that whispered her name, the ocean pulling her away from the graveyard, and then making her a daughter of the sea.

Eva blinks, pulling herself away from the memory as quickly as it had come. Her golden gaze lifts from her hooves and looks towards where the ocean and the sky meet. She inhales deeply, feeling a crisp wind pick up from the south and gently caress her. Thoughts fill her mind now, the nereid wonders what the future will hold for her and all of Ischia.
    Eva
    dame of ischia

@[Aquaria]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 10-24-2019, 05:39 PM