• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    It had been a commotion they'd gone through. A tense and near-violent interlude that had ended in surprising success. The island was still theirs, still home, and despite their King's dark promises, they had managed to keep Ischia as she should be. A beautiful oasis away from the chaos that had so nearly touched them. 

It felt like victory, and it felt temporary. Nothing lasted forever, after all. As much as she wished it would. But she, and the others, they seemed united in their desire to keep their homeland safe. That's what mattered, wasn't it? The world had gotten so much more complicated in such a small time, and the pearl nereid's head spun with it all. It was frightening and exhilarating and she wasn't at all certain she liked it. 

The scaled woman walked along the shore, deep in her own thoughts, when the vivid purple of her newly ordained leader leapt from the landscape. Eva, looking as contemplative as she herself felt, feet being washed by the water. 

It was an easy decision, to alter her path slightly, until her steps left her by Eva's side. They shared the view of the water, even if it meant something different to both. "Congratulations, sister. How are you, after that madness?" She offered, smiling faintly in the sea mist. On her role as a leader, on the way she has handled herself. Eva had been graceful throughout the proceedings. Aquaria had not been so successful in her bearings. 

"I suppose I should apologize. I do not think I made any of that easier on you. But I am satisfied with our result, and I promise to hold my tongue better in the future." She mused aloud, knowing that things could certainly have gone worse, for all of them. Still, it was a rueful grin she bore now. There were things she could learn from both Eva and Adria in the ways of politics. This event had shown her exactly how naive she was on the topic. 

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 10-24-2019, 05:39 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Aquaria - 10-24-2019, 06:37 PM