• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    Diving deeper into her state of rumination, she forgets about the world around her. It wasn’t until the wind gave indication of someone coming her way when the familiar scent riding on the breeze filled her nostrils. Eva blinks, focusing once more back on where the ocean and sky expand together to what felt like perpetual.

Turning her head at the sound of approaching hooves, she regards Aquaria for a moment with a blank expression. A soft smile touches her lips as the finned mare joins her. Eva turns back to face the open sea. Her ear flickers in the direction at the mention of congratulations. The nereid considers the current events that have recently passed.

It had all changed so quickly. She had risked everything when coming to the meeting and standing before everyone. Part of her knew she could have lost it all—her temper sometimes could be short, especially when she was feeling threaten. Thankfully, in the end everything had turned out well. Eva had not expected the result to happen. She had thought during the proceedings that Vulgaris would have lashed out more, but it seemed during it all he had a change of heart. But what changed it all? She muses considering she now feels there is a divide between their two lands.

A thought for another time, she thinks lightly as she turns her attention towards Aquaria’s first question. “I am well,” she says softly. There is confidence in her words though despite her previous contemplative state before. “My heart does not feel so heavy anymore. I suppose a celebration should be in order considering everything has turned out well.” Unexpectedly, she would like to add but does not. It was only a small step towards settling the uncertainty that had erupted in their quiet paradise.

Eva laughs softly at Aquaria’s apology. “There is nothing to be sorry for, Aquaria.” The thought of her starfish comes to mind now. “If you had held your tongue and not spoke what your heart felt the outcome would have been different. It is I who should be thanking you for that.” She glances to Aquaria for a moment, a warm smile spreading across her purple tinted lips. “So, thank you for everything you have done.” Eva would want everyone to speak their heart on such matters. Sometimes it was necessary, especially the situation that would have change everything their home was. “Promise me you will never hold your tongue,” she adds because she realizes she needed someone like Aquaria to help her through whatever would come their way now that she has taken leadership over Ischia.
    Eva
    dame of ischia

@[Aquaria]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 10-24-2019, 05:39 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 10-25-2019, 12:51 PM