• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your waves are pulling me under; aquaria
    Aquaria felt the tension ease from her shoulders as they spoke, the serenity of the sea and the gentle nature of her friend uniting like a comforting shell around her. Everything would be alright. Things were already on their way to returning to normal, so she shouldn't be worrying about the "what if's". No point wasting the energy on them.

In her subtle way, Eva seemed just as happy as Aquaria felt about the results of the last few days. The burden of leadership was not so great here, not when it only extended to their own family and friends. That was the point, wasn't it? That they didn't need to worry about the concerns of the world at large. Not until it came knocking. 

She rested her head companionably on the amethyst mare's withers, pulling small locks of red-orange-yellow hair through her teeth and rubbing her teeth against the muscles of her crest. It had been a long few days, and she figured her friend must be just as wore out as the rest of them. Eva's reaction to her apology elicited a bright laugh from the pearl mare. 

"Oh, well, if that's what you want from me. I'm sure that will be a much easier promise to keep." She grinned easily, smoothing another patch of the woman's hair, settling the shells that clung there to rights. "I promise I won't keep my thoughts to myself. Just remember that you asked for this!" She jabbed lightheartedly. Knowing herself, it was all too easy a promise to keep. One she might regret later, yeah, but that was a worry for the future. 

Teeth clicking against a smooth scallop shell, she nosed it back in place, smiling at her handiwork. Eva was a beautiful mare, and could stand out in any crowd. She would be a credit to them all as Dame. Stepping back now that she was finished, she smiled again at the flowing water that ran before them. "You know," she began, drawing back on the earlier subject. "A celebration isn't a bad idea. We could have a party, in your and the island's honor. It would be fun!" She could already imagine the beautiful island, the laughing voices and new friends being made. They could invite the Taigan's, and anyone else who would enjoy a night of revelry in their tropic paradise. 

@[Eva]

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Eva - 10-24-2019, 05:39 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; aquaria - by Aquaria - 10-25-2019, 02:42 PM