• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam
    lepis, comtesse of taiga
    RUN AND TELL ALL OF THE ANGELS; THIS COULD TAKE ALL NIGHT
    i think i need a devil to help me get things right

When smiles, Lepis’ dark ears flick forward, and this time the soft humor in his voices matches his expression. A little unfortunate, he says, and Lepis breathes an imperceptible sigh of relief that that is how he saw it. Nothing insurmountable, then perhaps something that can even be overcome in an honest conversation. Ruinam seems to think along the same lines, and relaxes before speaking again. Lepis does the same, a small shifting of her shoulders so that her wings are not held so tightly, allowing a cool island breeze to weave through the golden feathers.

Friendship is what he wants, the same that she had wanted Aten to propose, and a satisfied smile curls the edges of her navy mouth as she nods agreeably. He mentions her own wellbeing as well of that of Taiga, and she nods agreeable. “The redwoods are thriving,” she confirms, “growing larger every day.” And they are, families expanding and friends coming back to roost. It is everything that Lepis could have wanted. The pleasant thought of her thriving home bears her through the sudden faltering of the pale stallion. There is something he is hesitant to say, that is all to clear.

When he says he must be upfront with her, Lepis nods in an encouraging manner: she clearly wants the same.

Ruinam speaks of difficulties with trust, worries over the alliance Aten had offered, poor connections with Loess and trepidations over her own ties with the southern land. The man seems sincere, and for a moment after he falls quiet, Lepis mirrors his silence. She is not disturbed, though a faint frown has replaced her satisfied smile. When she finally speaks, it is with hesitance, for she suspects the topic to be a delicate one.

“If it not too much to ask: what exactly is it about my ties to Loess that cause you concern?”

@[Ruinam]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 10-26-2019, 12:42 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-08-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 11-08-2019, 10:11 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-12-2019, 12:20 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 11-12-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-20-2019, 10:59 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 11-22-2019, 10:57 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-26-2019, 02:16 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 12-06-2019, 10:03 AM