• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam
    again you’re gone, off on a different path than mine
    i'm left behind wondering if i should follow

He is unsure how to mend relations with Loess, and Lepis doesn’t blame him. When things with a dragon are broken, reparations are not without risk. Still, she is sure that Castile would see reason if things were laid in front of him the right way. There are advantages to friendship, after all, even if the friends are not always subservient. She’ll have to bring it up to him at their next encounter, she thinks, which will be sooner than either of them expect. Ruinam’s answer to her query is informative, and the dun mare listens with rapt attention.

“They’re so prideful, aren’t they?” Ponders the mare for whom pride is a core component of her sense of self. “Tephra and Nerine, so sure that only they deserve to rule their territories.” Lepis’ tone is soft, more reflective than probing, and she blinks as though realizing that perhaps Ruinam might not understand what she means.

“I proposed to Heartfire that Taiga be freed from Nerine. To say that she took it well would be a lie.” The mare’s navy mouth turns up in a wry smile, but it does not reach her eyes.

Movement at Ruinam’s feet catch her attention then, and Lepis’ blue-grey eyes flick down to where a fox stands at his side. The little creature reminds her very much of the fox that Jesper had shifted into. Yet while there is perhaps more intelligence than usual in the creature’s gaze, it does not strike her as a shifter. A companion perhaps, Lepis decides, thinking of Aten’s eagle and the spotted cat that follows at his son’s heels.

“Does he – she? – have a name?” Lepis asks curiously, looking back up at Ruinam.

@[Ruinam]

LEPIS
    i’m the one who sees you home--
    but now i’m lost in the woods

and i don’t know what path you are on

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 10-26-2019, 12:42 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-08-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 11-08-2019, 10:11 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-12-2019, 12:20 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Lepis - 11-12-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | ruinam - by Ruinam - 11-20-2019, 10:59 PM