• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
    [private]  Don’t want you to think that I care; Jesla
    Ears prick forward with curiosity atop her dainty poll. The scaled stallion seems so at ease up here. Jesla wonders if he had been up here the whole time. If her parents knew he resides here. She blinks as his introduction funnels into her lobes, trying to process the meaning behind, "I live here". Obviously, he currently does. Though, something about his non-chalant mannerisms suggest he has lived here, either in the past or, for quite some time. She opts to not press him about specifics and, instead, allow her gaze to shift to the structure behind him. As her pale green eyes study it, the black blanket appaloosa finds herself quite impressed.

Her curiosity drives her to ask Leilan questions; however, her singly focused mind takes a delayed moment to return to the frost dragon and, process his latest words. He knows my parents? Well, that confirms it! Jesla's eyes widen for a split second before she collects her thoughts and, her voice. "They are good. Mom seems happy and dad keeps himself busy. He is suspicious because, as he says, things have been predictable and quiet for too long. He isn't to the point of being paranoid but, he hangs out with me less nowadays." Of course, in true kid fashion, the young lady has no filter and, no propensity for what might be too much to share.

She hopes that Leilan is satisfied with her response because she would really like to get back to the topic of his ice bunker. Her gaze locks on it again as the sun glistens through the slabs of frozen water. Without realizing it, Jesla takes a couple steps closer to better take it in. As she stares in fascination, she pipes up. "Did you build that all by yourself, Leilan? It is quite magnificent. I rather wish our home was more like yours. I mean, mom moved into dad's cave before I was born. He did expand it a little but, three of us feels cramped. Especially since the cave was designed by a fox! I mean, horses are a lot taller than foxes! I keep bringing it up that we need a bigger place but, dad hasn't looked for one. He does sleep outside most nights so mom and I can have more room. But, he has a fur coat! Mom has a pretty thick coat too. I got the crap genes I guess... sorry, I am rambling." She allows her voice to trail off as her gaze and poll lowers slightly. Mom was always on her case about going on and on. As she stands there, slightly embarrassed, Jesla hopes that Leilan isn't too bothered by her company.

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Don’t want you to think that I care; Jesla - by Jesla - 12-14-2019, 08:08 AM