• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  but now we're sleeping at the edge; any

but now we're sleeping at the edge, holding something we don't need
    all this delusion in our heads is going to bring us to our knees

Would she live in the shadows if she could?

She has never given it much though—never wondered if perhaps she was meant to find her home within the darkness like these things that call to her do. Would she be able to find solace in the silence and in the spaces between—the moment before the breath? She herself is such a contradiction of herself. She is two pieces cleaved apart and sewn together, two ideologies that live within the same pulse, the same host.

There is the light of her, the joy and the quiet. The pieces of starlight that dazzle and draw her toward the silvery wash of the moon and the stars. And there is the darkness of her. The contemplative and the sorrow, the things that mourn that which she will never have. Will never touch. will never understand.

She is both of these things and she wonders if he would be able to understand.

Could he when she herself does not?

Such things slide from her though as his voice curls within her mind again. “Do the shadows love you as much as you love them?” she wonders in her mind as the starlight envelops and hides her, as she blinks from existence. It won’t last forever, she knows. Her illusions do not permit living in the nothing.

I don’t hide,” she explains as the starlight recedes and leaves her in its wake. She is still washed aglow with the silvery light of it, but it fades slowly until it withdraws into the night sky completely, leaving her alone on the hill—just a young woman with the night sky painted on her back. “I play with the things I will never touch and wish for more,” a sigh, wordless and breathless.

What do you wish for, stranger?

Aurorae

@[Tannin] - this is horrifically late please forgive me <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but now we're sleeping at the edge; any - by aurorae - 12-27-2019, 08:10 PM