• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

Slipping away after the larger seaside reunion is an easy thing.

A goodbye to new acquaintances and a murmured request to Aquaria, and soon the two of them are walking down the beach together. Perhaps it is only his imagination, but there is something that feels unsettled between them. The tobiano stallion does not enjoy fretting though, so he reaches out to the pale mare at his side. His blue mouth presses a kiss to her neck as he slows and then stops, sure that she will do the same. There had been some things that he could not say in their previous company, but alone he does not hesitate.

“I missed you,” he tells her, “It seems silly, I know; we’ve gone longer without seeing each other before.”

It’s easy to forget the rest of the world when he stands with her in paradise, and Pteron reaches forward to brush the pearlescent scales of her cheek. It is easy to forget that he is weak and broken when he sees himself in the mirror of her perfect eyes, it’s so easy to let himself believe that he is that reflected man. The pressing weight of the rest of the world crumbles into the sand and is blown away by the tropical breeze.

“I hear that kelp is your favorite food,” Pteron continues, lest he ruin this perfect afternoon with the confession that hovers at the edge of his tongue. “I’m afraid I didn’t bring any this trip, but I won’t return empty-handed next time.” Though his olive eyes dance and his blue mouth turns up in smile, he means this. The thought of her delight is intoxicating, and he leans closer for the joy of her nearness as well as to whisper: “Though you’ll probably have to show me exactly what a kelp is, first.”

@[Aquaria]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria - by Pteron - 11-19-2019, 10:35 AM