• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria
    She should keep him at a distance. She knows this, yet it is so difficult to cling to when he stands so near. The scent of pine and cold mountain air lingers about him, and she could catch whisps of it every time he passed close. So different from the scents she had grown accustomed to on the island. The briny salt water air, the fruit and flowers and warm sand, odors she carried on her own skin. The sky and the sea, and she wanted to watch them combine. 

She moves because she feels him in her bones. He's a hurricane, the way he moved her, and she a little fish in the sea. Afraid to dive deeper, afraid to rise and let the wind catch her. So she moved on, hearing him catch up and match his longer legs to her stride. He wants to see every piece of her, and she remembered the promises drawn from their lips beneath his trees. "And you shall, my nightingale." She replied, knowing she couldn't deny him. 

She only made it a few paces beyond him. Hearing her name on his tongue was the most beautiful, heartbreaking music. Heartbreaking, because she realizes that she's hurt him, somehow. She had been trying so hard to keep herself out of harms way, to keep up appearances. She should have known better. He was her friend, after all, and she should have realized he would read her better than that. 

"Oh Pteron," she circled back to his side, eyes a glossier than usual. "No, darling, you haven't done anything. I'm just distracted, is all." Her neck twined with his, her head tucked against his shoulder. He was warm and solid, her hurricane and her anchor. And she'd been so caught up in her self that she hadn't realized he might be dealing with his own weight. 

She kisses a path along the muscle of his neck, burying her muzzle in the wind whipped tangles of his mane. "Follow me. And I'll make us both forget our woes." The fine blue hair that rimmed his ear tickled her lips, and she kissed there too. Every inch of him she would kiss until she had undone whatever sadness sat inside him. Maybe it would be enough to undo her own. 

The path to her den was not hard trodden, a faint sandy trail that wound through the jungle. It was not a long walk, even if it wasn't direct. She glanced back every so often, watching the shadows slide over his face and back. He looked so perfect in the green filtered light. Like one of the many parrots that filled Ischia's skies. 

At last the trees released them into her secret cove. Rocky arms stretched on both sides to encompass a minute cove, the sand a pale ribbon edging the clear water that lapped near. Her collection of treasures the ocean had given her dotted the sand in swirling patterns. "Well. This is it." She shrugged, smiling back at the winged stallion she had brought here. This was her sanctuary, her safe harbor. The water beckoned and she answered, walking until the warm brine stroked her belly. "Come here." It was a softly spoken command, but a command nonetheless. 

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aquaria - by Aquaria - 11-19-2019, 03:12 PM