• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

oh, i fall apart, starsin

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She isn’t sure if she has ever seen Ophanim fall apart when she was not the one that had unraveled the thread. She didn’t know how to fix a pain that was not her doing; she didn’t know how to right a wrong that she had not caused. It left her feeling utterly helpless, and feeling helpless led to those faint, but familiar tendrils of anger that threatened to curl around the expanse of her ribs. But the suffocating anguish of his heart inside of her chest is the only thing that keeps her anchored next to him instead of disappearing to hunt down anyone that had been anywhere near Loess.

She readily rests her body against his when he stands, and for a moment she fixates on the feel of their hearts beating against each other, and mindlessly she runs her lips along his neck. Her eyes find Malone’s when they both register the thought of claws, and when he slips away she fights her motherly instinct to call after him. If she knew Malone at all he was off to find Meraxes and the two of them would scheme up something, and she rarely approved of any of their ideas. But she bites back her protests, reminding herself that Malone was, technically, an adult, and that he wasn’t likely to listen to her regardless. She can’t say that she blames him; because even as she stands there murmuring softly to Ophie, she is still debating all the ways she would handle whatever monster did this once she finds it.

“I don’t know, it doesn’t make sense,” she says softly, doing her best to keep her voice even and to not let her anger and that relentless need for revenge creep into her tone. She knew that wasn’t what he needed right now, and he was perhaps the only living thing besides her children that could make her think of someone else’s needs besides her own. It’s why she doesn’t mind when he pulls her in tighter. It’s why she responds by curling closer and pressing her lips against his skin when she hears his worried thoughts, reaching to rest her mouth near his ear and though her voice is quiet it is unwavering when she says, “I’m not going to be next. There is nothing and no one that can take me from you.”

But the sigh that she breathes has a tremble to it when she lays her cheek against his neck, and inside his chest her heart twists and clenches to match the way his writhes within hers. “Just tell me what you need me to do, my angel boy. I don’t know how to fix this.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Ophanim]

Messages In This Thread
    oh, i fall apart, starsin - by Ophanim - 11-20-2019, 03:37 PM
    RE: oh, i fall apart, starsin - by Starsin - 11-21-2019, 02:22 AM
    RE: oh, i fall apart, starsin - by Ophanim - 11-24-2019, 06:02 PM
    RE: oh, i fall apart, starsin - by Starsin - 11-29-2019, 12:51 AM