• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she drank my past, like the finest of wines; nikkai
    Warlight

Soul as sweet as blood red jam

Warlight's connection with the magic of Beqanna was, by comparison, small. In her dreams, she could step from one place to another quicker than the wind but just as invisible, but during her waking moments, she had been more inclined to use whatever strength her physical body held.

Which had not been much, on the last day, although it had been enough to make sure her killer followed her into the afterlife. But now, as she steps back into the living world, she can feel that her limbs and lungs are strong. She has the urge to gallop like a child across the open grassland, but the weight of her newfound responsibility keeps her grounded.

Suddenly, they are traveling by magic, moving in much the same way she did in her dreams travel. Her body solidifies once again and she follows the grulla mare's gaze to see deep fractures open in the side of the volcano and a waterfall rush towards them. The antlered girl blinks and flattens her ears, but she holds her ground as the wall of water breaks at their feet.

The magician wields the kind of power that would have left her speechless two years ago, but now even the fact that she is standing here is a feat of deep magic.

She was getting too used to never being surprised.

"Tephra," she answers, her gemstone eyes locking onto those of her companion. "My grandfather bargained with Carnage to protect this place from the Plague, it was where my brother chose to live..." But her thought feels incomplete and her lips press together as she suddenly realizes she has no current information to add... that she isn't even sure if Nikkia knows about the plague.

They had both been dead, after all.

"You can call me Will, by the way," she adds, shaking her neck to release the tension that has invariably built up there, and displacing the wet fingers of her inky-black mane from her neck. But the impulse if brief and when she looks back her expression is curious and eager. "What do you need from me?"

@[Nikkai]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: she drank my past, like the finest of wines; nikkai - by Warlight - 12-06-2019, 07:03 PM