• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Clarissa;
    won't you drag the lake and bring me home again
    She wonders if he knows what it’s like, to be so infatuated with someone who seems so dangerously unstable, but who loves so purely. Ghaul acts entirely on instinct, with no thought to whom he may hurt in the process, but there is a tenderness to him when they are together. There is no doubt in her mind that her twin flame loves her so, and with each passing day she finds herself falling harder for him. He is her soulmate, through and through, and she just wants her father to accept that, even if he can’t accept Ghaul.

Her love for him will not fade and certainly will not falter. There is just something about him that pulls her in and holds her close to his heart, and who is she to question what the gods have chosen for her? She is unwaveringly loyal to him in every way and she is so proud of the man he has grown into, just as she knows he is proud of her and adores her every move. She can’t explain it - there’s just something magical about it, and she refuses to let anyone try to stop them.

Her molten eyes meet Castil’es mismatched ones with the curious calmness that always seems to radiate from the angel-woman. “Ghaul was just a child the first time he came here,” she scolds him gently, bumping his neck with her nose. “You cannot blame him for his father’s threats. And yes, he is good at pressing buttons, but he is not evil.”

He asks her why she doesn’t pursue someone that sees her beauty, and a giggle escapes her. “Ghaul sees every single thing about me, even the parts that aren’t so beautiful,” she tells him, and she stares briefly into nothing as she pictures the way he curls himself around her, murmuring to her of her beauty and her strength. “He sees the things that no one else does, the things that I am sometimes afraid to admit to even myself. He sees my flaws and loves me despite them, and the flames in our hearts flicker in time. When he angers, I anger; when I hurt, he hurts. We are one in the same, Father; one soul split into two.”

Just the strength of the emotion behind her words chokes her up, and she swallows past the lump in her throat as she turns her attention back to Castile. “I don’t know how else to explain it. To me, he is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. He’s touched with stars and he’s brash and impulsive, but my heart sings when he is near. With him, I am at peace.”

And together, we will topple empires, she thinks.

@[Castile]

Messages In This Thread
    Clarissa; - by Castile - 12-04-2019, 09:45 AM
    RE: Clarissa; - by clarissa - 01-29-2020, 10:55 PM
    RE: Clarissa; - by Castile - 02-05-2020, 12:53 PM
    RE: Clarissa; - by clarissa - 03-11-2020, 10:45 PM