• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising | territory meeting
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

He feels Reia’s cheek against his neck and clamps down tightly on the desire to flinch. Pteron is willing to play the part of a loyal and devoted husband, but the façade is not a rock-solid one. The golden dragon at his side is as likely to bite as she is to kiss, but the stallion reminds himself that she will be on her best behavior here in public. She needs to keep up the front as much as he does. To distract himself, he looks out at the gathering crowd. Celina has arrived and has settled to Reia’s right side. She watches his wife with an expression that he recognizes well, and Pteron swallows a sigh.

Why can things never be simple?

Aten speaks up next, and Pteron knows that the champagne stallion will be the first hose he seeks out after the meeting. He has been waiting for this day for weeks now, and as he mother turns to leave, acknowledges the older stallion’s words with a somber nod. He does mean to lead them to continued glory, but his plans are not those of his mother. His olive green eyes find the buckskin Izora Lethia, whose disappoint seems focused entirely on Lepis. She doesn’t glance at him at all, and instead turns to leave after expressing her non-verbal disapproval. Lilliana is more enthusiastic, though she too turns to follow Lethy. The meeting is drawing to a close, it seems, and Celina and Lepis take their leave soon after.

Pteron’s blue mouth is half-open to speak when the shadow passes overhead. Without really thinking about it, he drives Reia to the cover of the trees that rise ever higher on the same uneven stone that created the ridge on which they’d been standing.

He turns back to face the creature that lands, and by then Owin is moving toward it. He seems unafraid, but Pteron is not certain that the giant bird is as harmless as Owin might. He catches up to the younger boy, who appears to be lecturing the shrieking bird. Pteron frowns, and keeps his wings at his sides despite their desire to flare and make himself appear larger to this potential threat. He doesn’t say anything, not without knowing who – what – the bird might be, but he’s clearly not thrilled at the mode of its arrival. 

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | territory meeting - by Pteron - 12-14-2019, 09:30 PM