• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I think I made you up inside my head; pteron
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

For someone who lives so completely in his own head, it has been difficult to get out of it lately.

Aegean has thought of the boy of ivory and cerulean. Has dreamt of the way it felt with his teeth against his neck, the way that his body had reacted—running hot and cold. The visceral feeling of being so alive, the dreams ripped away until he was standing breathless before a strong headwind. He has dreamt of that moment, the quiet and the roar, but his dreams are dull in comparison. No matter how he weaves them, how he imagines Pteron, it always falls flat, and he finds himself staring at the horizon, wondering.

Finally, when it is nearly night, the antlered stallion finds himself moving forward.

He barely registers that he is moving, that he is going somewhere, until he recognizes the path that he is on. He glances down to his amethyst hooves moving with such certainty and just smiles, seeing the way that his body casts a glow on the ground as it fades and then morphs into the beginning of Taiga’s forest.

When he is further within the trees, he stops.

He remembers the last time that he was here, and he considers calling for Pteron, but instead he just sits silently—something within him content to know that he is near the other. He smiles and then tips his head back, for once not calling on his gift of illusion and content to watch the stars and the sky slowly darkens.

Perhaps Pteron will find him.

Perhaps he will spend his hours deep within the trees alone.

Either way, it is enough to know he stands where Pteron has stood.

It is enough.

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

Messages In This Thread
    I think I made you up inside my head; pteron - by aegean - 12-08-2019, 06:24 PM