• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  seek me out; round iii
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cormorant|Great Vibes" rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><style>.lilt_container {width: 500px; background-color: #352541; border: 1px solid #EAEAEA; box-shadow: 0px 0px 10px 0px}.lilt_name {position: relative; z-index: 1; font: 60px 'Great Vibes', serif; color: #766881; bottom: -1px; left: 140px; letter-spacing: 0px}.lilt_quote {text-align: center; font: 15px 'Cormorant', serif; color: #766881; letter-spacing: 0px; padding: 5px}.lilt_message {width: 450px; text-align: justify; font: 12px 'Times', serif; color:#EAEAEA; background-color: #352541; opacity: 0.7; padding:25px;}</style><center><div class="lilt_container"><div class="lilt_quote"><br>{ and all we are is skin and bone trained to get along,<br>forever going with the flow but you're friction }</div><div class="lilt_message">She watches the vision as it is played before her, and the guilt wastes no time taking root inside of her heart. She had saved one, but not the other – one half to a whole. Lilt has never felt love, but she has seen it. She has seen it in her parents, day after day, and she knows without question that if anything ever happened to her father that her mother would not be far behind. Starsin would not want to live without Ophanim, and she is so sure Anatomy must feel the same.<i> “I’m sorry,”</i> her voice is hushed, as always, but now it breaks with her regret and her guilt.<i> “I’m sorry that I didn’t – that I couldn’t – save you both.”</i> She blinks away the tears that rim her eyes, swallowing away the painful knot in her throat.

She does not hear the sound – the sound of the seam between worlds beginning to tear.

But Anatomy does, and Lilt, still watching her so intently, sees the way her head lifts and her eyes focus on something behind her. She turns her head, desperately searching for the source of whatever had caught the other mare’s attention, and deftly, she shifts to her dragon vision. She does not see anything at first, no matter how much her sight can magnify what lays on the horizon. There is just the endless stretch of desert, which as far as she could see led to absolutely nowhere. Sylva <i>had</i> to be somewhere beyond those dunes, but she pushes away her own selfish desire to find her way home. She is going to ask Anatomy what she thinks they should do when a voice assaults her mind.

Lilt has never heard anything before – not out loud, and not from those with the ability to reach into other’s minds. The sudden intrusion of a voice that was <i>not</i> her own makes her startle in fear, with a gasp-like cry accompanying the way she jolts sideways. But she listens, and she understands. <i>Reunite them.</i> Her eyes brighten at the realization, and she turns to Anatomy and exclaims in a voice that though terribly soft still managed to express her excitement,<i> “She’s alive!”</i>

Suddenly invigorated, she turns to once again look back in the direction Anatomy had looked, and this time she does not just use her dragon vision to see into the distance, but rather, in heat signatures.

And there – seemingly in the middle of thin air – is a wavering strip that glows a mix of reds and oranges and yellows, and she wishes that she could share her vision with the black mare so that she could <i>see</i> how obvious it was. She turns back to her, and says urgently,<i> “I think there’s a portal. It’s not far, but you have to trust me. I think it’s the way to get you both back together.”</i>

In a rare display of boldness, Lilt does not give the other mare a chance to dispute her. She turns, and she sets off pointedly in a very specific direction. In a few strides she glances to the side, and is pleased to see that the black mare has fallen into step next to her.

A half-mile is not far, but the unwavering heat of the sun does them no favors, and the sand seems eager to swallow their every footstep. By the time they arrive to where Lilt has located the portal to be there is sweat glistening along her neck and flanks, but her determination does not allow her to feel her exhaustion. Her silver eyes narrow, studying the slim strip.<i> “I’m not sure….it doesn’t seem big enough.”</i> She is certain the other mare thinks she is insane; she isn’t sure if she can feel the energy that the portal radiates from it, and Lilt can only hope that she is willing to continue to put blind faith in her.

<i> “I’m going to try something...watch out.”</i> She steals a glance at Anatomy, and waits to be sure that she is not in the way. Then she inhales, slow and deep, and with her eyes focused on the portal she opens her mouth, and on the exhale she releases a powerful stream of fire. She watches as the tear begins to burn along the edges, growing and lengthening as her flames eat away at it. She does not know if it makes a sound; if the fire melting away the fabric of time and space and dimensions is loud or silent, and she does not lose focus long enough to look at Anatomy’s face to judge.

She does not stop until she feels as though she has opened it enough, and only then does the flame die away, a few stray plumes of smoke twisting and spiraling from her mouth. Her attention looks back to the black mare, and she notices what seems to be bewilderment on her face; she probably hadn’t expected fire to come from her throat, and Lilt smiles sheepishly.<i> “I learned that from my dad,”</i> is all she offers in explanation, before looking back to the portal.<i> “I think on the other side of this is where we need to go.”</i>

And with that she steps through, the black queen following close behind.</div><div class="lilt_name">Lilt</div></div></center>

Messages In This Thread
    seek me out; round iii - by anatomy - 12-09-2019, 07:18 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by bean - 12-09-2019, 08:15 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Leilan - 12-10-2019, 09:54 AM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Castile - 12-10-2019, 11:32 AM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Ruthless - 12-10-2019, 02:47 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Wishbone - 12-11-2019, 01:05 AM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Oceane - 12-11-2019, 01:16 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Tatter - 12-11-2019, 11:15 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Neverwhere - 12-12-2019, 10:34 AM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Lucrezia - 12-12-2019, 07:40 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Agetta - 12-12-2019, 09:41 PM