• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  another twist of the knife; turn of the screw [brujo]
    He's refined, the way he speaks. Like his manners will make a difference. And maybe they will, in the grand scheme of things. I'm no seer, I have no way of knowing, of course. But he certainly seems to have lived a posher life than little ol' rough and tumble me. 

I brushed off his apology with little mind, the words rolling down my back as his brief story unfolded. So neatly he spoke, and idle wonder took my mind, curiousity if he we're so neat and refined in other aspects of his life. A look of sympathy hitched upon my face, softening the hard edges just a little. 

"No, I'm afraid I haven't seen anyone like you before." Not strictly true, there were a surprising number of equids in the area sporting wings and or antlers. But none that looked like they could be his child. Those markings were rather distinctive, almost as distinctive as my own. 

A candy-sweet smile lifted my inky lips at his introduction. There we go with manners again. Dear gods, was it exhausting to be this polite all the time? But I had decided to play the game this morning, so play I would. With a silky soft voice, I returned the niceties. "Warbird seems like a perfectly wonderful name for you. I'm Belle. I live in Loess, the kingdom on the other side of these woods." 

One of my blue-tipped wings stretched forward to gesture in the direction I meant, brushing just by the stallion's shoulder. "I could take you there, if you like. If your daughter is nearby, I'm sure someone there will know." I suggest as the feathered limb returns slowly to its place by my side. I await his answer in the dappled light of the forest floor, gleaming where the weak light hits me with a rainbow of colors. 

@[Warbird]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: another twist of the knife; turn of the screw [brujo] - by Rebelle - 01-03-2020, 10:15 AM