• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The bridges are burning, the heat's on my face

Skyfall is ridiculous. His mother had told him so, but for her, it was with a smile and a nuzzle. She had intense markings as well, though more muted than her winged offspring. Due to his obscene color, Skyfall had been subjected to near constant attack by predators as a colt, and if he's truthful, it's a miracle he even made it to five years old. Ridiculous. Tacky. A bright orange absurdity.

A deaf, dumb, and blind horse could see that boy.

Even now, the stallion keeps an eye for wolves. At seventeen hands, he's no lightweight and generally speaking, most predators aren't interested in the fight he'd give them. Deer and elk are more their speed, but that doesn't mean it pays to be complacent. He's gotten real good at breaking cougar jaws.

It isn't a cougar that comes out from the brush, though. He jerks his head up, ears pricked, grass hanging out of the side of his maw as he watches another horse enter the field. Oh. Well, better than a pack of cackling coyotes come to bother him. She seems content to graze for now, which is ... refreshing, but odd. For a while, he simply eats nearby, though his ears remain flicked in her direction. After a time, Skyfall lifts his head. 

"I'm not usually the muted type, so..." He huffs. "...Hi?"

SKYFALL

sins of the father

[Image: hlsSsGK.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The bridges are burning, the heat's on my face - by Skyefall - 12-18-2019, 05:00 PM