• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  where the wind’s like a whetted knife
    oceane
    to the lonely sea and sky

The Pampas possesses a calm repose that can only be found when one is surrounded by a plethora of vibrant flowers. It's difficult for Oceane to imagine anything tumultuous ever happening amidst the tall verdant grasses or beneath the expansive blue sky. It draws an eager happiness into her heart, one that is usually reserved for those moments she learns something new but today she is inspired enough by this new scenery nonetheless.

It would seem, though, that the quiet tranquility of the grasslands extends into the bustle of the herd which inhabits it — in an obvious display of irony, she need not wait long to be greeted but the scents of other equine are nearly nonexistent.

The snowy owl, flecked with gold, stands out against the deep blue of a cloudless sky. Oceane's molten amber eyes find its movement easily and track it as it nears. She smiles pleasantly as it morphs seamlessly, finally coming to touch upon the earth with four hooves attached to a gilded leopard coat. The stallion is not far off, and so Oceane halts her meandering as he moves to greet her.

Her brief smile has disappeared in the time it has taken the stranger to shift and then find his spot in front of her, though Oceane's face is not unkind as she acknowledges his greeting with a polite nod.

"That it is," she says succinctly as her gold eyes follow the white feathers that fall lazily from the stallion's crest, "My name is Oceane. I've come from Loess. Do you—" she pauses for a moment, a combination of the right words and the wrong words fighting for space on her tongue, "Is the Pampas under your protection?"

She'd heard of a woman by the name of Noah and her association with the grasslands, but sometimes it's best not to share everything one knows.

@[Aodhan] | "speaks"
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: where the wind’s like a whetted knife - by Oceane - 12-22-2019, 04:46 PM