• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Though Our Lands Are Apart, Our Hearts Are One [Kingdom Residents]
    Aten's eyes softened in pain when he heard about Brine's state since coming to Nerine without her filly by her side. As a stallion, despite helping to raise his own colt along with others his mate brought to their home, he could not imagine what it would be like for a mare to have to give up her colt or filly, willingly or not. The feelings behind it... Aten had an understanding that mares would always be closer to their little ones than stallions could ever be.

After all, how could they not? The mare did something for an entire year that the stallions weren't built for. They conceived the foal... carried it in their wombs, providing what it needed to grow... gave birth among seclusion and safety so the foal could stand for the first time... fed it the milk it needed to help it's body become much stronger...

It was one of the many ways Aten held respect for mares, whether he liked them as a friend, or an ally, or disliked them as an enemy. There was something to be said for the ones who carried a foal in their bellies and raised them with or without a stallion by their side.

"I would imagine it's not easy. To be truthful, it makes me wonder what could possess Brine to do what she did, even if she felt it was for Ruth's best interest. To bring herself such pain even if her filly is happy..." Aten could somewhat imagine at least the why Brine had done what she did; in a twisted fashion, according to his dam, his sire had done something similar long ago. It had brought his dam a pain similar to what Brine may have been going through.

Brine wasn't a sore subject for Aten or Eurwen, as they both knew there was only one way to ease the tension. And that would require Ruth making the journey here to see her dam.

Aten would speak to her about that when he returned. For the time being, on this trip, he had different matters to attend. Perhaps one would be speaking to Brine too, if he spotted her, but that was not a priority.

Eurwen first talks of her own accomplishments, of which Aten is pleased to hear about. She states she will be making more frequent trips to the Field, to brighten up Nerine with fresh faces much like how Aten had been attempting to do so during his first year back in Taiga. He still continued that duty to this day, but there was less pressure now that there were new faces.

"Nerine is lucky to have you then. I am sure you are doing her proud by being one to venture out and offer it as a home to those in search of one," he stated with a genuine, gentle smile.

And then, she moved on to tell Aten something that shocked him. Heartfire... a mare he considered his friend...

What could have possibly possessed her to do such a thing? Not really knowing what Neverwhere was like, he didn't have much to say about her just yet. But he soon would, for his next question to follow was:

"Eurwen, while I am here, I would like to meet Neverwhere if we can locate her. I have yet to meet her and would appreciate the chance to speak with her.

"Though, that is quite shocking news..." he hesitated a moment. "Was there any indication leading up to what Heartfire did?" Any indications he had missed, something he felt horrible about since he considered the mare his friend, "I do hope you understand, it is quite hard for me to believe she would do something like this without good reason."

@[Eurwen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Though Our Lands Are Apart, Our Hearts Are One [Kingdom Residents] - by Aten - 01-12-2020, 09:36 AM