• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  can you hear it?

O C E A N E
    Hath in her veins,
    to beat and run,
    the glad indomitable sea,
    the strong white sun.

Desire, from Pangea.

Oceane hadn't yet visited Beqanna's easternmost territory, though she had heard of it and its rouge sandstone canyons. Her aquamarine ears prick with interest, having never met a resident of Pangea before now, and the intrigue places a sheer blanket over the worry that nags in the corners of her head; out of sight, out of mind. For now.

She concentrates on the galaxy-painted mare as Soran answers the question previously placed before him — no, he isn't lost, but where could this path take him? Oceane's amber eyes, the skin between them furrowed at the behest of her hidden worry, flick to the worn path he has indicated. She knows it well, can smell the wildflowers that would meet him in the Meadow at the other end of it, but she is distracted by the unexpected inquiry that falls from Desire's curious lips.

She smiles, the expression tight but not unkind, as she searches for an answer sufficient enough for the other mare's inquisitiveness that wouldn't reveal more information about her homeland than she is comfortable with.

"I just... kept flying, until I could smell civilization on the breeze. I came across others, before Beqanna, but none that made me want to make a home there." She leaves out how it had taken her years and countless miles to feel safe enough to settle down, or why she had left Nau-Aib. There isn't much else about her travels before Beqanna that Oceane would choose to share even with those close to her, and so she lets her silvery voice fade to make room for Soran and his explanation, should he choose to provide one.

When Desire finally acquaints the scarred stallion with what would await him beyond the path upon which he stands, Oceane nods her agreement. "There are twelve in total, including Pangea and Loess. Each are very interesting in their own way." She adjusts the wings at her side as the tenseness of her muscles causes them to ache and she suddenly remembers why she has kept them pulled so tightly against her sides.

"I apologize for, ah, my interruption—" she nearly stumbles over her own words as she begins to move away from the pair. "I've just remembered that I must..." Oceane clears her throat and sets off quite suddenly into an extended lope, leaving Soran and Desire at the trailhead behind her.

@[Soran] & @[Desire] | "WORDS"

neamrel / thedayofshadow
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    can you hear it? - by Soran - 12-24-2019, 01:37 PM
    RE: can you hear it? - by Desire - 12-25-2019, 03:50 AM
    RE: can you hear it? - by Oceane - 12-25-2019, 05:36 PM
    RE: can you hear it? - by Soran - 12-25-2019, 08:23 PM
    RE: can you hear it? - by Desire - 01-02-2020, 01:35 AM
    RE: can you hear it? - by Oceane - 01-04-2020, 06:06 PM