• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  can you hear it?

sometimes I'm terrified of my heart;
    of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants —
    Desire has thought little of the outside world; of what lies beyond the borders of Beqanna.

She thinks of the stars and the other galaxies, like the ones written across her skin, but the idea of other lands – livable places – hadn’t ever really crossed her mind. She was still young, and maybe a little self-centered, in that she rarely thought outside of her own circle – herself, her twin brother, Pangea, and occasionally her parents. It wasn’t until she smelled the foreign scents on his skin that her curiosity of what else could be out there was truly piqued, and she regards the stallion with a new kind of interest. “Soran,” she repeats his name, and the syllables have a kind of noble feel to them on her tongue, which again brings her lips into a smile.

When another approaches she turns to meet Oceane with her flat-black eyes, and the smile she offers her is friendly enough. She seemed guarded, and unlike the stallion, who did not give off any kind of vibe that her gift could pick up on, Oceane had a fairly obvious one – she did not know the name of the draconic stallion, but his image burns clearly in Desire’s mind, though nothing on her face gives it away. She smells of Loess, she notes, a land she is not familiar with but one that her and Stave had passed through on their way to Pangea. “My name is Desire,” she says to the older mare, and then, because it seemed polite, “from Pangea.”

Her delicate head tilts in thought at Oceane’s observation, and in a rare show of childish curiosity she asks them, “How do you find Beqanna? I was born here, and I’m not sure if I’ve ever met anyone who wasn’t.” She ducks her head as she adds with a light laugh that ripples in her voice, “Until now, I mean.”

Soran gestures to a path, a well-worn one, but one of many that led to and from the field. “That one leads to the meadow,” she says, her gaze now following the path as well. “And beyond the meadow there is the rest of Beqanna – all the different kingdoms and lands.”
    Desire

Messages In This Thread
    can you hear it? - by Soran - 12-24-2019, 01:37 PM
    RE: can you hear it? - by Desire - 12-25-2019, 03:50 AM
    RE: can you hear it? - by Oceane - 12-25-2019, 05:36 PM
    RE: can you hear it? - by Soran - 12-25-2019, 08:23 PM
    RE: can you hear it? - by Desire - 01-02-2020, 01:35 AM
    RE: can you hear it? - by Oceane - 01-04-2020, 06:06 PM