• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I know if destiny's kind, I've got the rest on my mind; agetta

“Plume.”

No matter how many times she has thought it over her life, a delightful thrill runs down Agetta’s spine when she speaks his name out loud. Even thinking it now holds such wonderful delights, the sorrow of decades no longer accompanying it. The feel of her muzzle against his skin as she immediately moves to embrace him, brushing her muzzle in a trail down his neck, is intoxicating.

She feels as though she could forget the world around them. There is a part of her that expects him to fade again, to find this world lacking now that their home and almost everyone else they know is gone. She has started to tether herself to this new world through new friendships - has he?

Although she still feels like a ghost, she feels more real than she has in a long time when she’s with Plume beneath the stars. It’s overwhelming how nostalgic and perfect it feels to be with him like this.

But they won’t be on their own for much longer. She has changed a little since she has last seen him - a small, faint gold marking lines down her face but that's not the only change. The others just lie beneath the surface. “I have such wonderful news.” There’s a brief moment where she’s not sure whether this is, in fact, wonderful. Maybe they really are too old for this and her news will be more of a burden than a joy.

She finds her courage when she steps back and her midnight eyes find his, her own expression shining with her own delight.

“You’re going to be a father again.”

Agetta

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I know if destiny's kind, I've got the rest on my mind; agetta - by Agetta - 12-28-2019, 07:52 PM