• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  the glad indomitable sea

O C E A N E
    Hath in her veins,
    to beat and run,
    the glad indomitable sea,
    the strong white sun.

In the failing light of the sun, there's some unplaceable oddity that coils around the grey stallion. Whatever it is, it draws Oceane's amber eyes and her curiosity as she attempts to decipher what, exactly, feels different about him. He doesn't feel dangerous, though she knows that looks can be deceiving — but there's an air of fatigue that lingers in the air and gathers in the hollows of his eyes. Perhaps he is simply tired, and this solution is one that will sate the woman's intrigue for the time being even if it's not indefinitely.

He repeats her name and it curls from his lips uniquely, like smoke. She takes a step closer to him, drawn in somehow, but then pauses atop the rocky outcropping she has secured for herself, thinking differently of closing the gap between them. "It's nice to meet you, Kensley," she says, but while it sounds like a formality, there's true authenticity in her statement. A gust of wind assaults her again, buffeting her opalescent frame from the side and she steps closer to Kensley and further inland to shelter herself from the sea squall.

When he answers her inquiry, Oceane flicks an ear in his direction, though it's mostly obstructed by the tangled mass of lavender mane that sits at her crest. She chuckles as he comments on losing track of time, as she often falls victim to the same thing.

"I just needed to wander, I think. I'm prone to feeling quite stir crazy." Her wanderlust has worsened throughout her pregnancy; the safety decision would have been to wander the hills of her home, but there is only so long Oceane can go without a change of scenery. Her gaze turns briefly to the horizon which has just swallowed the sun, leaving behind a sky of purples and blues, before looking once more to Kensley with a kind, close-lipped smile. "Perhaps you'd like to accompany me back towards civilization?"

@[kensley]
    " "

neamrel / thedayofshadow
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    the glad indomitable sea - by Oceane - 12-29-2019, 07:52 PM
    RE: the glad indomitable sea - by kensley - 12-29-2019, 08:38 PM
    RE: the glad indomitable sea - by Oceane - 01-01-2020, 08:57 PM
    RE: the glad indomitable sea - by kensley - 01-17-2020, 11:03 PM
    RE: the glad indomitable sea - by Oceane - 01-19-2020, 11:43 AM