• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  break me like a promise — carnage
    <center><link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Nothing+You+Could+Do&display=swap" rel="stylesheet"><div style="width: 500px; background:linear-gradient(to top, rgba(235,235,240,0) 500px,rgba(235,235,240,1) 800px),url('https://i.postimg.cc/rmgVLwKC/52-CE29-FB-83-B3-47-AA-85-AF-79-DDF90-A03-B7.jpg')bottom center no-repeat,#EBEBF0;padding:0px 0px 700px 0px;box-shadow: 0px 0px 8px 1px; border: 1px solid #273137;"><div style="text-align:center;font:20px 'Nothing You Could Do', serif;color:#283238; padding:15px;line-height:75%;">she fell for the idea of him<br>and ideas were a dangerous thing to love</div><div style="opacity:0.9;width:450px;text-align:justify;padding:10px;font:12px 'Times', serif;color:#000;background:#C5D2DF;box-shadow:0px 0px 12px 0px;border:1px solid #273137;">The way Gail describes him doesn’t surprise her, because it is similar to her first memories of him. He was still unpredictable, but he seemed even more so back then; taking the valley and then the dale, blinding her and killing bystanders. He was still ruthless, but there seemed to be something more controlled and calculating about him now – usually.  What had happened earlier on the mountain reminded her too much of that day so many years ago in the dale; only this time she realized she made a mistake much faster.

She doesn’t feel him, but she sees Gail’s expression change, and she knows.

She doesn’t pull away when the dark mare presses into her, and when she feels a strange sensation that seems to shock into her core, she thinks it is just her heart jump-starting back to life.

In the next moment she is back on the mountain floor, blinking death from her eyes the way others might do with sleep. She doesn’t know why, but she is surprised to hear his voice, and to see his face. Maybe because she is instantly reminded of his fury that had sent her to the afterlife, and she had been so certain that he wasn’t bringing her back. A part of her isn’t even sure if he had, thinking that maybe whatever she had felt when Gail touched her had been the death priestess sending her back.

Her throat heals and the blood disappears, and when she stands she is again whole and clean. Her heart beats in her chest, and she cannot help but to revel in the exhilarating, electrifying way her blood always seemed to pulse the first time it rushed through her veins. She looks up at him, and though his previous anger seemed tempered, she is still tentative. “She just wanted to talk,” she says quietly, and it is the truth, as far as she knows. She doesn’t understand why, but again, she rarely understands why anyone wants anything with her.

Beneath the amber glow of her unbefitting halo she watches him for a moment too long, before finally she says, “You brought me back. I didn’t think you were going to.”</div><div style="font: 30px 'Nothing You Could Do', serif; color: #283238;text-align:right;padding-right:25px;">ryatah</div></div></div>

Messages In This Thread
    break me like a promise — carnage - by Ryatah - 01-04-2020, 10:39 PM
    RE: break me like a promise — carnage - by Ryatah - 02-14-2020, 02:24 AM