• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  your waves are pulling me under; any
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    Winter was merely a fantasy of a child’s imagination for those that have never seen it. A wonder of tiny snowflake angels that fell from the heavens, gently embracing some of Beqanna with their ice-kissed lips. Eva has only ever speculated what a winter heaven might be like. She only knows of others describing to her what it might be like covered in a pure white paradise and the touch of a bitter cold on your skin. It seems magical and horrible all at once, perhaps someday she might see it for herself she thinks.

For now, she counts her blessings to enjoy a home that offers her warmth and comfort all year around. Ischia was perfect in every possible way, offering a glimpse into what heaven might resemble. A place of sanctuary that offered a helping hand to all that needed one.

Facing towards the open sea, where the deep ocean meets together with the horizon, the purple nereid finds herself in quiet reflection. The lull of the last months, perhaps even a year now for she cannot even fathom how the time has passed so quickly. It was only recently she had welcomed two beautiful children to the world and a heart-warming welcome addition to her family.

This passing season, surprisingly, she has found herself without child. There is a sense of freedom, a chance she finds herself able to catch her breath again. Eva cherished every part of raising her children, but for a moment she has forgotten what it was like to simply just be her and only her. Her identity for sometime had felt locked into caring for her children, pouring love and care into each of them equally, that she almost had forgotten about who she was as an individual.

Being a mother is part of her identity, she would never forsake her children and being a mother but turning to reflect the last passing years she wonders what more there will be for her in the coming years. Shaking her head of such thoughts, the slender mare makes her way knee-deep into the waves that crashed at her golden hooves only moments ago. A smile instantly curls on her lips, Eva had almost forgotten what it was like to feel the water, the unexplainable connection she had with being part of it.

Perhaps this was the season of her life she was going to rediscover who she was.
    Eva
    the dame of ischia
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    your waves are pulling me under; any - by Eva - 01-06-2020, 05:40 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; any - by Eva - 01-18-2020, 05:01 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; any - by Eva - 01-27-2020, 11:19 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; any - by Eva - 01-31-2020, 07:37 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; any - by Eva - 02-11-2020, 05:15 PM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; any - by Eva - 02-19-2020, 01:47 AM
    RE: your waves are pulling me under; any - by Eva - 02-23-2020, 04:01 PM