• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down // Dove
    Her gaze danced away from his every time he tried to catch it, the deep blue of her eyes unwilling to meet his. Something like embarrassment pricked at him. Had he committed some folly of polite company without knowning it? The youth's own gaze averted uncertainly, examining the girl's hooves with concentrated effort. 

He couldn't help the upward flick of his eyes though, when she spoke again. "That's a pity," he commented, eyeing the dusty dry landscape. "I love the snow. As long as I've got someplace to warm up when I'm done with it." As a nomad, he'd enjoyed exploring places with snow. He felt that wherever he went, if it was a place that got snow, he had to visit it at least twice. The lands changed so dramatically with the seasons, it was like visiting a whole new land when the soft whiteness covered things. 

At the sound of his name in her gentle mouth, the vivid boy felt himself grow warm. A flurry of sparks danced to the ends of his mane and tail as his heartbeat picked up. Saphris. His name, himself, and it was known now to another living soul. The paler sky of his eyes met the midnight of hers for just a moment, and he smiled. 

She was looking at him properly now, so he did his best to hold still for her examination. Even now, the lengths of his hair stood out from his neck, static energy lifting strands in midair. He grinned wryly at her comment, squinting slightly at her nose. "Probably the same way you got your pretty stars. One of my parents." Never having really thought about it. The little tongues of lightning had sparked and fizzed from him since birth, tiny bits of energy that shone blue-white in the dark and made his back teeth taste like metal when he brushed up against the wrong rocks. He was destined to be forever unkempt looking, because heavens knew that a staticky mane is not one that would ever lay flat. 

The light glimmered on the delicate tracery of her muzzle, silver against the satin grey. "You know there's an island, way up north? It snows there almost all of the time. And at night, the sky glows like there's the most incredible river of light up there." He sighed a little at the memory. It had been bloody cold up there, but the view had been more than worth it. 

Eyes focusing again on the sweet Dove, he grinned sheepishly. "Anyway. You should see it some time. I think you'd like it." What he didn't say, because they had only just met, was that he wanted suddenly very dearly to show it to her himself. To watch the magical aurora light up her face, to reflect back from the perfect stars on her skin. 

@[Dove]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down // Dove - by Saphris - 02-13-2020, 04:55 PM