• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I think that I could die for this revelation; Elio
    Darkling

He had long since stopped caring where his fickle musings led him. As he’d grown into his careless youthfulness, consequence had seemed to become nothing more than a distant concern. Until it had ceased to concern him at all. Still those childish hesitations had served to hone his stealth. He may not have much regard for the arbitrary lines drawn by the blandness of political minds, but that does not mean he is ignorant of their existence.

Perhaps one day he would bear witness to the consequences his blatant disregard. But such future possibilities are meaningless to one who lives almost entirely in the moment. The future, after all, is not his concern.

At the moment however, he is decidedly bored. And boredom and Darkling do not mix well. Whether that is fortunate or unfortunate on this particular day remains to be determined.

However it happens, Darkling eventually finds himself nosing around the hardy, scrubby pines and low-lying ferns of Loess, eyes scanning his surroundings speculatively as he lips idly at the sharp edges of a long, green frond. He hadn’t come here with anything particular in mind, though when his wandering gaze finds a youth who might have matched his color were it not for the dark likeness of blood splashing him, his eyes narrow in curiosity.

Chewing slowly on the frond, he watches him for a moment, blending with surprising ease into the landscape. Of course, should the boy feel a prickle on the back of his neck and actually try to find him, no doubt he would. But then, it is not Darkling’s intention to remain unnoticed. At least, not for long. Where is the fun in that?

Slowly, the shadows around his feet begin the writhe, shifting in agitation until a shape forms. Until a snake, shadow dark with glowing yellow eyes, slithers swiftly forward. Darkling’s humor, for how dark it can be, is not truly dangerous. Not yet at least. But as the snake slithers soundlessly between the boys legs, it’s doubtful he would recognize it for the rather awful prank it is.

you're burning up the sky, you're a constellation
    I think that I could die for this revelation

@[elio]

Messages In This Thread
    I think that I could die for this revelation; Elio - by Darkling - 01-07-2020, 05:03 PM